If you are looking to start a blogging journey, then you must have a knowledge of what are the best blogging platforms available today.
I will get you through the list of blogging platforms for beginners that you can choose and start blogging in 15 minutes.
If you are looking for a long term prospect then you should join the blogging site that is reliable, trusted and open an option to generate an income on the side.
It’s not compulsory to have coding skills to run a blog because many blogging sites have made things easier for new people. Today, you can set up a blog in a few clicks without any challenge but the most important thing is, you need to select the right platform that worth your time.
Let’s see what are the top blogging platforms and which one is the best option for you.
WordPress With SiteGround Hosting
The reason to select WordPress on the top of the list is because it’s a one-stop blogging platform that is super useful especially for beginners.
WordPress has covered over 30% of the websites on the internet.
If you are serious about going ahead with blogging then my recommendation for you is to go with WordPress site with SiteGround hosting.
See my free guide to start a blog on WordPress.
It doesn’t matter whether you are an experienced or you are a new blogger. WordPress is a simple platform that provides many options to make your blog look professional.
There are various themes and software that are freely available when you install a WordPress using SiteGround Hosting.
Why WordPress Platform?
WordPress opens many options to generate a recurring income. This is what many bloggers like about WordPress. You will find many features that ease your work as well as save your time.
I am also running this blog on WordPress using SiteGround hosting. It’s fast secured, reliable and userfriendly.
It is mainly for people who are looking forward to blogging and do multiple things online.
- Opens Options for making money.
- Free themes and plugins to design blog.
- Free SSL certificate. (To show that your blog is secured on the internet)
- One-click WordPress installation.
- WordPress works fast with SiteGround hosting.
- High-Level Security of your data.
- User-friendly control panel and dashboard.
- It’s a paid blogging. This is important if you want to do blogging professionally.
- You may need to purchase a theme if you are not satisfied with free themes.
- Cost around $5.30/Month (including hosting and domain(sitename.com) both).
- Buy a startup pack from SiteGround Hosting. This company provides fast hosting speed that boosts your blog on the internet.
- Write a few articles or create your own content and promote products online. Go to the product website and check whether they allow affiliate marketers or not. The simple way is that just type product/service name + affiliate on Google. You may get their affiliate sign up page quickly.
- Create a blog page and write something about yourself and mention your photo. This will give a signal that you are genuine.
Blogger.com is a free blogging platform by Google especially for the one who doesn’t want to spend money on blogging.
It’s one of the oldest and popular platforms in the world. People nowadays shifting to paid blogging because they get many features online especially they want to make money from blogging.
You can also do the affiliate marketing and join Adsense, but because it’s a free platform, there are limitations that you may face in the future.
- It’s a free blogging platform.
- No coding experience required.
- Beginners may not find a challenge.
- Free themes available.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Limitation in designs and features.
- You won’t get your own blog.com for free. Your blog will look like blogname.blogspot.com.
- Limit your earning.
Who is it for?
Beginners who want to start blogging just for an experience. If you want to take blogging to the next level, then you need to have a proper blog with your own domain name and hosting.
Tumblr is a place where you can share a small piece of content. Tumblr has a large number of community that gives a flavor of microblogging and social site in a single platform.
It’s easy to connect with the people and share your thoughts through Tumblr in a few clicks. If you do not have a budget, but you want learn and share things on the internet, then you can join Tumblr.
- You can do blogging for free of cost.
- Connect with new people with its social features.
- Easy and userfriendly dashboard.
- A mixture of blogging and social site.
- Limited features.
- Limited themes compared to WordPress.
- You need to share a mixture of text, image & video content. Only text blogging may not work here.
- Tumblr has free features but limited. If you want to take benefits of premium features like domainname.com, premium theme etc, then you will be asked to pay certain amount.
Who is it for?
If you want to have to social media and blogging experience in a single platform, then this is for you.
Wix provides free blogging as well as paid blogging option. It’s a pretty simple to use platform where you do not need to learn about blogging setup elements. Blogging setup can be done by drag and drop in a few minutes.
There are many tools that are freely available in the free version but there are some limitations that you may face.
- Free blogging platform.
- Easy setup process.
- No experience required.
- You will get wix.com addition to your domain name in the free version.
- Limited option in terms of earning.
- No chat support.
Who is it for?
Wix is good for the one who doesn’t want to get into the whole blog setup process and just wants to have a few pages of website.
Medium allows users to write a blog on their platform(medium). It’s a platform where you write on a certain topic and gain a vast majority of audience for your content.
In medium, you won’t be having your own domain name. Your blog post will be seen on Medium website that’s it!
People share their content on medium website and make their own presence on the internet. It’s easy to get people to your social pages through medium site.
- You will get a serious audience.
- Easy to setup.
- Chance to get a huge audience.
- No option to get your own domain name.
- Cost $5/Month.
Who is it for?
You can go for Medium.com if you just want to share a quality content and have a good connection with the maximum people all around the world.
You can share your article on yourstory.com and get it viewed to a vast number of audiences.
You are not required to create your own domain name and bear the hosting and domain expenses. Your article will be published on yourstory.com including your name as a writer.
It allows anyone to signup and create a free account on yourstory. There are some limitations on certain types of content that are against their policy.
- Free sign-up.
- Professional platform.
- Get your content viewed by large number of audiences.
- People view your content and share on social sites.
- No option to create your own domain name.
- Not all types of content are allowed.
Who is it for?
Anyone who wants to start blogging for free without a domain name. People do share content and link their own and others’ blogs to get free backlinks and traffic.
Do you know you can also share your own content on quora for free? Quora is one of the popular website that shares information through vast number of publishers. It’s free to publish on Quora, but you must read their policy before publishing article.
Quora also provides earning options to the publisher. They share the earnings they make from paid ads through your content.
You can also link your own website page when you share your content on Quora, but make sure you should not violate the policy. Do not link your website page on all of your answers otherwise, your account may get banned.
- Publish your article for free.
- You can make money, but Quora will decide whether to share the earning or not.
- One of the most trusted platform.
- No need to have your own domain name and hosting.
- Strict policy guidelines.
- You need to be a frequent publisher to earn through Quora.
- No customization.
- Your account can be banned anytime.
Who is it for?
Quora can be the best blogging platform for the beginners if they are ok with going ahead without their own domain name.
You will learn how people write content and what type of content people like or dislike. There are many questions that people ask and you can answer them by your self-knowledge or research.
It’s very important that you choose the blogging platform that fits your expectations. If you are looking for earning in the future and want to have your personal blog then I would recommend you to go for paid hosting for blogging.
There are many free blogging platforms for beginners but that has limitations to many useful tools that generate incoe. If your intention is not to make money with blogging then going forward with free blogging site can be the best option for you.